10 Things to Know Before Hiring an Interior Designer
Instagram User chloeredmondwarner
Everyone fantasizes about hiring an interior designer, but what is it really like?
One of our favorite designers, Chloe Warner, weighs in on the 10 key things to keep in mind before pulling the design trigger!
- Some of our best projects come when we hear "do what you do."
- The other best projects come when we hear "we want you to do something totally different."
- It's important to find someone, a designer you trust, either from referrals or from pictures of projects they have already done.
- Patience is paramount. Good design takes time! Months and months. And sometimes more months.
- It's always helpful to be nice.
- Don't worry too much! We won't let you make a bad decision and we won't show you any bad choices!
- Have a budget, but be happy and willing to spend the money you have budgeted. It's important to realize that with design, like sushi, you probably want to pay a little more and actually enjoy it.
- Enjoy the process but let us drive. It's why you hired professionals!
- When things get stressful, have faith! It will work for you, and when it's over, it will make your life more calm, more fun, and immeasurably happier. Not to mention beautiful!
- Hiring a designer is absolutely worth it in the end. And that is an unbiased opinion.