Do you have an empty wine bottle around? Try recycling it in this unusual but practical way — turn it into a Tiki Torch!
- 1 empty, clean wine bottle
- 1 tiki torch wick refill (thick)
- Tiki torch citronella lamp oil
- 3/8-inch metal washer (adjust washer size if bottle opening is larger/smaller)
- Decorative glass rocks or beads of your choice, small enough to fit in bottle opening (optional)
Place the decorative rocks/beads in the bottle. The more you have, the less oil you will need to use.
Feed the wick through the opening of the washer, leaving about 1/4-inch of the wick sticking out of the top. Make sure the washer fits the opening of the bottle top. Gaps could allow air in, which may cause the bottle to fill up with smoke.
Pour the oil into the bottle using a funnel, enough to cover half of the wick. Feed the longer side of wick into the bottle. If your wick is thick enough, you don't have to secure the washer down. Light the top wick and enjoy your new torch outdoors! (Remember, burning citronella indoors is not recommended.)