Monday's presidential inauguration is shaping up to be quite the celebration, and no celebration is complete without a playlist of sweet tunes.
As a prelude to the musical acts set to perform during his inaugural balls, President Obama released a 17-song collection through Spotify.com to serve as the official playlist of the inauguration. Artists include old favorites like Stevie Wonder, James Taylor and Smokey Robinson, but also newer acts such as Far East Movement, Mindless Behavior and fun. The full playlist reads as follows:
- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)" by Stevie Wonder
- "I Was Here" by Beyonce
- "Mi Gente" by Marc Anthony
- "Carry On" by fun.
- "New Day" by Alicia Keys
- "Mud On The Tires" by Brad Paisley
- "Turn Up The Love" by Far East Movement
- "Edge Of Glory" by Lady Gaga, performed by the cast of "Glee"
- "Your Smiling Face" by James Taylor
- "Ordinary People" by John Legend
- "Firework" by Katy Perry
- "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson
- "My Mic" by Nick Cannon featuring Biz Markie
- "Something Special" by Usher
- "Higher And Higher" by Walt Whitman
- "Get Ready" by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- "Future" by Mindless Behavior
It's an eclectic selection of music, but it all seems to share a unifying theme of optimism. That said, we're not exactly sure if the president picked out these tracks without a bit of help from his daughters, as it's hard for us to imagine him jamming along to Far East Movement or Mindless Behavior on Air Force One.
What do you think of the president's choices?