Cheesy Spaghetti Pie
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated Pecorino
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 4 cups cooked or leftover spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk until light and frothy. Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano, Pecorino, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and a large pinch of pepper. Add the Gorgonzola along with the spaghetti. Stir the mixture together until well combined.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the spaghetti mixture and flatten to cover the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook, uncovered, until the bottom is set and light golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Slide the pie out of the pan and onto a large flat plate. Invert the pan over the pie and flip the pan and plate over. Now the pie will be back in the pan with the golden side on top. Continue to cook the pie on the second side until the bottom is set and light golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.