If you wake up craving pumpkin, try these.
Pumpkin pairs deliciously with cinnamon and cream cheese, which makes Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls a perfect combo. They're easy to make and at just 100 calories with four grams of fat, they're a hard morning treat to beat.
Top your seasonal cinnabuns with Dashing Dish's Maple Cream Cheese frosting and after just 20 minutes, your kitchen will be filled with flavors that family and friends will fall for.
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipes and cooking tips.
100 Calorie Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package seamless crescent roll dough (Pillsbury makes this product, but if you can’t find it, you can buy reduced fat cresent rolls, and use a rolling pin to seal the ’seams’ together)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup baking stevia OR 1/2 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Maple Icing)
- 2 tablespoons baking stevia OR 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (Maple Icing)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar (Maple Icing)
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free maple syrup OR 1 tablespoon regular maple syrup (Maple Icing)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the dough out on parchment paper (or foil). Gently pull on all four corners of the dough to stretch the dough out a bit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sweetener, and seasonings until well combined. Using a spatula, spread pumpkin mixture evenly over the dough. Starting at the long end of the dough, start rolling until dough is rolled into a long skinny log. Cut 10 even rolls.
- Arrange the rolls swirl-side-up on the parchment paper (or foil) and bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to make the frosting, place the cream cheese in a small bowl, and microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until just melted. Add the sweetener, powdered sugar, and syrup. Stir until well combined. When the cinnamon rolls come out of the oven, drizzle or brush icing evenly over each cinnamon roll while they are still warm.
- Serve warm and enjoy!