Can’t decide between savoring a cheesy slice of pizza or hot apple pie? No problem — have both.
Sotto 13 is no ordinary Italian eatery. Following the popularity of the infamous Cronut, the New York City-based restaurant has introduced their own mouthwatering hybrid known as the dessert pizza, combining two classic dishes too irresistible to pass up. Just in time for the crisp autumn season, they are serving patrons the apple pie pizza, which is certain to keep your frosty nights piping hot.
As the name implies, the apple pie pizza is a tantalizing feast featuring a buttery crust, hearty slices of baked fruit and a touch of brown sugar. If that's not enough, it also includes a scoop of cinnamon gelato, which slowly melts into the warm tart apples oozing with sweet almond-infused liqueur.
Best of all? Preparing this dinner-meets-dessert is a lot easier than you think. For a delicious excuse to make use of your oven, check out the recipe below. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Pizza: The Dish You Can Eat for Dinner or Dessert
- 2 ounces pizza dough
- 1 apple cut 1/2 inch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 scoop cinnamon gelato
- Zest of lemon
- Ripe raspberries
- Roll the dough into a 1/4-inch round. Brush with butter and sugar. Cook for 7 minutes in a 500 degree oven.
- Marinate apples in amaretto liqueur, cinnamon, lemon zest and brown sugar.
- Lay the marinated apples on pizza, then put it back into the oven for another 7 minutes.
- When cool, cut into 6 slices and add 1 scoop of cinnamon gelato.
- Garnish with raspberries and serve.