Looking for a delicious way to spice up your sweet potatoes? Top them with this sour cream pepper jelly mixture from the makers of Jenkins Jellies.
While your sweet potatoes are baking, mix together sour cream and pepper jelly. After removing the potatoes from the oven, slice them in half and slather each half with some butter and pepper jelly. If you wish, add some brown sugar, salt and pepper.
Once ready to serve, place a dollop of the sour cream mixture over each half and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
To purchase the Jenkins Jellies full recipe book or jellies, visit jenkinsjellies.com.
Baked Sweet Heat Potatoes
- 2 whole sweet potatoes
- 4-6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 tablespoons Hell Fire Pepper Jelly (or pepper jelly of your choice), divided
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Wash, scrub and dry sweet potatoes. Rub the outsides with butter and place on a baking sheet Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size of potatoes. Halfway through baking time, poke with a fork to allow some steam to escape.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together sour cream and 6 tablespoons of pepper jelly. When potatoes are finished baking, remove from oven and slice in half, lengthwise (careful not to burn yourself!). Break up the insides a bit and slather each half with remaining butter and pepper jelly. If you wish, now is the time to add that brown sugar, salt and/or pepper!
- Dollop the sour cream mixture over each half and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.