Buca di Beppo in New York City is known for their classic Italian family-style portions.
But of course, no Italian meal is complete without salad.
Luckily, Buca di Beppo was nice enough to lend us their fantastic recipe Apple Gorgonzola Salad, which topped with zesty Granny Smith apples, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, dried cranberries and spiced walnuts.
Drizzle on some homemade Italian dressing, and you've got yourself a light and flavorful dish everybody will love!
Buca di Beppo’s Apple Gorgonzola Salad
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 10-oz bag mixed lettuce
- 3 Tbsp. Italian dressing (follow link above for recipe)
- 1/3 cup spiced walnuts
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Cut the apple down all four sides of the core. Cut the two larger apple pieces into 3 slices each, and the two smaller pieces into 2 slices each (10 slices). Cut any usable fruit from around the core into ½” pieces.
- Place lettuce mix and dressing into a metal mixing bowl. Using salad tongs, mix until lettuce is coated.
- Add ½” apple pieces,half the spiced walnuts and half the Gorgonzola to the salad mix and toss.
- Transfer salad into a chilled salad bowl.
- Top salad with dried cranberries and the rest of the Gorgonzola.
- Garnish with the 10 apple slices and rest of the spiced walnuts.