If you like Caesar salad and pizza, you're going to love Caesar Pizza. This delicious and easy recipe can be made in even the tiniest of kitchens. Enjoy this dynamic duo for lunch, dinner, or a little midday snack.
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or the equivalent of packaged, pre-cooked chicken from the grocer)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pre-made pizza crusts, such as Boboli
- 1 cup Caesar dressing (add more, if desired)
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (add more, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the romaine leaves, with the insides of the leaves facing down, on a cookie sheet. Place them in the oven or toaster oven. Roast for 4 minutes, or until the leaves are slightly charred on the edges. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Do not turn off oven.
- Chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the oil in a frying pan, and then add the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat. Sear both sides of the breasts, then lower heat to medium and cook until juices run clear and the center is fully cooked. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the two pizza crusts on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the Caesar dressing on the pizza crusts. Top with the chicken and charred romaine lettuce, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Place the pizzas in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Top with extra cheese, if desired, and serve.