Want the taste of a gourmet burger for less? At STK OUT, the kid sister of the STK steakhouse, you can find spin-offs of their top menu items made for the dine-n-dasher on a budget. Even better, now you can make their famous burger and truffle sauce in your own kitchen.
This super-packed recipe includes cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, caramelized onions and STK's special truffle mayo. Together, these ingredients will blow your average burger away. Pick up your patties and enjoy!
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipes and cooking tips.
Cheeseburger With Truffle Sauce
- For the caramelized onions: 1 large onion (thin sliced), 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted), 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon sugar, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, 1 pint veal stock, salt and pepper to taste
- For the truffle sauce: ½ cup cornichons (chopped), 1 cup mayo, ½ cup truffle oil, dash of fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons chives (chopped), salt and pepper to taste
- For the burger: 5 ounces, ground beef, molded into a patty, 1 brioche burger bun, 1 tomato slice, 1 aged cheddar cheese slice, 1 leaf of bib lettuce, ¼ cup truffle sauce, 1/3 cup caramelized onions, salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 slice bacon, 1 onion ring
- For the caramelized onions: Cook the onions till golden brown, using oil and butter. Be careful not to burn. De-glaze the pan with the vinegar and sugar, add the stock and let it reduce till almost all stock is evaporated. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- For the truffle sauce: Fold all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- For the burger: Season the patty on both sides. Cook the patty on a grill or griddle (it can also be done on a pan) to medium rare to medium (or to desired temperature). Toast the bun lightly. Place the lettuce on the bottom bun, followed by the tomato slice. Place the burger patty on top of the lettuce and tomato, caramelized onions, and place the cheese slice on top. Melt the cheese in the oven, or place a cover o a pan and heat till melted. Place the sauce on the top bun, top the burger and serve immediately. (Note: You may have leftover onions and sauce.)