Sometimes, we just need to slow things down. In the kitchen, that means pulling out your Crock-Pot for a delicious, slow-cooked dinner.
Tina from My Life as a Mrs. showed us a mouthwatering Crock-Pot recipe that's perfect for the summer: Fall-off-the-Bone Barbecue Ribs. Simply leave your ribs to cook in a slow cooker all day, then throw them on the grill before serving (basted with your favorite barbecue sauce, of course). You'll get that same summer barbecue taste with half the labor — just be sure to have heaps of napkins handy!
Fall-off-the-Bone Barbecue Ribs
- 2.7 pounds baby back pork ribs (approximately 1 full slab)
- 1/2 cup BBQ rub (Grill Mates Slow & Low Memphis Pit BBQ Rub or brand of your choice)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- For the ribs, thoroughly coat Crock-Pot with non-stick cooking spray. Using your hands, liberally coat ribs with dry rub spices on both sides. Place into Crock-Pot and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Remove from Crock-Pot and set aside. Note: You do not add any liquid to the slow cooker.
- For the basting sauce, place BBQ sauce, ketchup, white vinegar, yellow mustard and Worcestershire sauce into a saucepan and stir together well. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium heat. Once sauce is hot, turn heat down to low and keep warm until ready to use.
- Coat grill with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Place ribs onto grill (meat side down). Cook for two to three minutes and then flip, so the rib side is now down. Liberally spread the top (meat side) with sauce, then close the lid and cook for two to three minutes. Flip the ribs and baste the rib side (which should now be facing up). Close lid and cook for two to three more minutes.
- Flip again and baste the meat side, then close lid and cook for two more minutes. Flip one last time so the already-basted meat side is facing down, then close lid and cook for two more minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve hot with additional BBQ sauce!