Tired of eating the same old pizza over and over? Why not try a recipe with a little Hanukkah twist?
Amy of What Jew Want to Eat shares her delicious Potato Latke Pizza just in time for the Festival of Lights.
Her recipe takes all the key components of latkes (potatoes, sour cream, apples and oil) and puts them together to make one tasty pizza pie. The layered potatoes and apples topped with sour cream, salt, pepper, chopped rosemary and dollops of goat cheese makes this twist a special Hanukkah treat.
Want more? Try these Dizzy Dreidel Cookies for dessert.
To view all recipes on FOX News Magazine, click here.
Potato Latke Pizza
- FOR DOUGH: 2 cups bread flour, 1 envelope pizza yeast, 1½ teaspoons sugar, ¾ teaspoon salt, ⅔ cup of very warm water (about 120 degrees F), 3 tablespoons olive oil
- FOR PIZZA: 3-4 red waxy potatoes, 2 golden delicious apples, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, 8 ounces sour cream, 6 ounces goat cheese, 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- First, make your dough. Mix together 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl. Then add oil and water and mix.
- Add in flour a little at a time and knead until you have a ball (you may not use all the flour), and then knead four more minutes.
- To cook your potatoes, put them into cold water and bring to a boil. Your potatoes are cooked when you can insert a knife and it comes out clean. When cooled, slice them into ⅛ inch slices.
- Slice your peeled apples into ⅛ inch slices as well. Then mix your apples with 1 tablespoon sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Now it’s time to build your za! Roll out your dough on a pizza stone or pan covered with parchment paper. You can make a crust if you like. Then drizzle with olive oil.
- Layer potatoes and apples on your dough, alternating one of each. Drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with minced garlic.
- Top with sour cream, salt, pepper, chopped rosemary and dollops of goat cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbly and delicious.