Creamy, cheesy, pumpkin-flavored risotto. It's a fancy, comforting fall favorite.
Risotto is an easy and versatile dish. If you've cooked it once, you've probably cooked it twice. There's a risotto recipe for every season and this fall, we're crazy about Pumpkin Risotto.
Add any of your favorite meats or veggies to this dish and top with chopped chives or sage leaves. Bon appetit!
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipes and cooking tips.
RECIPE: Pumpkin Risotto
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups stock (vegetable or chicken is preferred)
- 1/2 cup wine (red or white)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or more, to taste)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few chopped scallions or sage leaves for garnish
- In a pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sautee the onion, bell pepper and garlic until the onion begins to soften.
- Add in the rice and sautee until it begins to look translucent.
- In another pot, heat the stock and wine over low heat. Begin adding 1 cup of the stock/wine mixture to the rice. As it cooks, continue to stir so that rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once most of the liquid is absorbed, add another cup of warm stock/wine. Continue until the rice is full cooked. (*Discard any extra stock/wine that your rice doesn't need. If you run out of stock/wine before the rice is fully cooked, add a little water.)
- Once done, stir in the cheese and pumpkin.
- Serve hot with a few scallions or sage leaves on top.