This quesadilla recipe from Andie Mitchell of Can You Stay for Dinner couldn't be easier.
Combine beef with barbecue sauce in a slow cooker for eight to ten hours, shred the meat and assemble your quesadillas with cheddar cheese, sweet mango slices and red onion.
The result? Deliciously melted sweet mango quesadillas, perfect to warm you up this winter.
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipes and cooking tips.
Slow Cooked Beef and Mango Quesadillas
- 2 pounds top of the round beef roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 large mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine beef and barbecue sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6 hours. When done, shred the meat by pulling against the grain of the meat with two forks.
- To assemble the quesadillas: On one half of each tortilla, spread 1/2 cup beef, 1/4 of the mango, 1/4 of the red onion, and 1/4 cup cheese. Fold the empty half over the filled half and either place on a lightly oiled grill or frying pan for 2-3 minutes per side, until the cheese melts.