Is the food you're eating sabotaging your diet efforts without you knowing it?
According to nutritionist JJ Virgin, that could be the case.
The author of "The Virgin Diet" says food intolerance is a hidden cause of weight gain and advocates eliminating the foods that might be making it hard for your body to shed unwanted pounds.
What should you say good-bye to? For starters, "dairy, eggs, soy, gluten, peanuts, corn, sugar and artificial sweeteners," says Virgin. With those off-limits, what can you eat?
Check out this Virgin-Diet approved recipe:
'Virgin Diet' Warm Berry Shake Recipe
- 1 cup frozen berries (any type) and/or dark cherries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder (see resources section at thevirgindiet.com
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Warm cherries/berries and coconut milk over medium heat until fruit is warm.
- Pour off a few tablespoons of liquid and combine with the vegan protein powder.
- Whisk until smooth and add back to mixture.
- Stir in chia seeds, cinnamon and chopped walnuts. Enjoy!